A ministry of hope, freedom, and joy for post abortive women


2 Corinthians 3:18

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Testimony 2

I became pregnant the first time I had sex, and it was with a boy I had been dating for about a month. Very close to two months later, at the age of seventeen, I had the abortion. I chose to have the abortion because I was still in high school. I would have been pregnant at prom, had the baby around graduation, and I could have not graduated at all. Through the next years I went on with my life and it seemed like I had never had an abortion, it was like a dream.
Three years later, at the age of twenty-one, I heard about Reflections at the Sanctity of Life Sunday at LBC. As I sat there listening, God really spoke to me about my abortion and made me think of how I was pushing it into the back of my mind. I heard Him say to me that I really needed to face what I had done and accept His forgiveness. I knew that this study would help me go through that process.
I called someone from the Reflections Ministry Team a few days after that Sanctity of Life Sunday. I was late joining but the lady I spoke with said she would put me in a group. Even though I started the study a couple of weeks later than the other ladies, I caught up, and I was soon on the same page as the rest of the group.
Each chapter of the study works with the emotions that you feel or have felt during and/or after the abortion. It really helps you deal with everything you have gone through and the emotions that you didn’t realize you went through.
Knowing that two people are praying for you constantly is amazing. Also, the notes you get from them each week really helps with the study. It is hard to grasp how much these people care about you even though they do not have any idea who you are. Getting to thank those two people at the end of the study just completes it all.
Through Reflections you can feel God’s love fill you and you can see how much He wants you to feel Forgiven and Set Free. I can’t explain in words what Reflections really has done for me. You come out of this program completely changed, and you don’t know how you lived with having your abortion before this study.

No comments: